Monday, September 29, 2014

The Upstairs Bathroom.

I suppose you could say the upstairs bathroom had a certain "charm" to it. After reading about the movement to save the pink bathrooms, I felt a little guilty that it wouldn't be allowed to stay, but Jaime felt no such hesitation.



We knew this moss-covered shower wasn't draining properly, but we had no idea it was leaking directly into the downstairs bedroom.
Ceiling detail.
To the studs!
New wiring, new insulation.
Bob on sheetrock detail in 2011, just before heading back home to Arizona for Thanksgiving.
New plumbing.
Sheetrock and subfloor, New Years 2012. We scored this extra-long clawfoot tub from our plumber and had it resurfaced. It took four people to carry it upstairs. This would be our only bathing option until we got the downstairs shower somewhat functional in mid-2013.
By October of 2012, we finally got around to mudding the walls. Here is Jaime sanding the ceiling.
Skimming the floor for tile installation.


The view from the master bedroom. We added this doorway, creating an "en suite" master bath.
Jaime taking a break from caulking the new baseboards in July of 2013. Walls painted, tile floor grouted and sealed.
Threshold. This is the kind of figure-it-out detail work you never think about when starting a project.
Tub, tile, and toilet in place, but no sink yet. Notice the little wooden block under the clawfoot. These old tubs don't sit level by themselves.
Markus trimming and shimming to get the new door to clear the added height of the tile floor.
Bodhi cat, November of 2013.
Sink, mirror, wall sconces, towel bar, shower, and track for the curtain installed. December 29, 2013.

Done. Staged for marketing photos, January 25, 2014.

2 comments: